Waves in Flows
Summer School 2018, August 27 - August 31
Main SpeakersThe list of speakers is as of now incomplete.
- Adrian Constantin - Universität Wien, Austria
- Walter Craig - McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
- Giovanni P. Galdi - University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Manfred Kaltenbacher - Technischen Universität Wien, Austria
- Vincent Rey - Université de Toulon, France
- Denis Serre - Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon, France
- Victor Shrira - University of Keele, United Kingdom
- Vladimir Zeitlin - Université P. et M. Curie/Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris, France
Workshop Invited SpeakersThe list of speakers is as of now incomplete.
- Chérif Amrouche - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, France
- Elisabetta Chiodaroli - Università di Pisa, Italy
- Camilla Nobili - Universität Hamburg, Germany
- Paolo Maremonti - Università degli Studi della Campania ’'Luigi Vanvitelli'’, Italy
- Alfredo Marzocchi - Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Brescia, Italy
- Boris Muha - University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Konstantinas Pileckas - Vilnius University, Lithuania
- James C. Robinson - University of Warwick, United Kingdom
- Emil Wiedemann - Leibniz Universität Hannover, Germany
- surface waves on fluids
- internal (gravity) waves
- hyperbolicity of wave phenomena
- shallow water and related models
- sound waves and acoustics
- numerical methods for waves in flows
- environmental applications
- biomedical applications
RegistrationThe registration fee covers course materials and refreshment during the course breaks. The accommodation and travel expenses are not covered. Members of ERCOFTAC and employees of participating institutions are invited to register at discounted ERCOFTAC fees.
|Student fee (whole course & workshop)||280 €||300 €||210 €|
|Full regular fee (whole course & workshop)||360 €||380 €||270 €|
|Limited fee (workshop only)||180 €||200 €||135 €|
Payment:The registration fee should be paid preferably by a bank transfer to the following account:
IBAN: CZ80 0710 0000 0000 6962 3011
Bank Name: Ceska narodni banka
Bank Address: Na Prikope 28, 115 03 Praha 1
Account Holder: Matematicky ustav AV CR, v.v.i.
Variable Symbol: (will be assigned to each participant during registration)
Participants from Czech institutions, wishing to pay the registration fee directly in Czech Crowns (CZK) can do so, using a fixed conversion rate 25 CZK/EUR. The resulting sum in CZK should be sent to the same above mentioned account.
Support for students and young scientists
Thanks to ERCOFTAC, Czech Academy of Sciences and Neuron Fund for Support of Science, a limited number of grants will be available for PhD students and young scientists who obtained their Master's degree within 10 years prior to 2018. All grants will cover the registration fee, in addition accommodation and travel expenses may be covered upon the organizers' decision. In such case the accommodation/travel details will be arranged by the organizers in cooperation with the participant. Please indicate what support you apply for in the registration form.
A formal application, containing short CV, motivation letter and recommendation letter, should be sent to the organizers via email email@example.com. Grant applications will be reviewed and grants awarded in the shortest possible time after application delivery in the 'first come, first served' manner up to the funds available. We encourage those interested to register and apply early. Those participants who will benefit from the support will be asked to present a poster introducing their original scientific work.
Important note: Please note that the applicants should NOT pay the registration fee until their application is decided upon. In case the application is declined, standard Early registration fee will be charged (and ERCOFTAC members discount still applies).
Summer School VenueThe whole course and workshop will be held at the Institute of Mathematics of the Academy of Sciences of Czech Republic.
Institute of Mathematics, AS CR
CZ - 115 67 Praha 1
View Larger Map